August 31, 2010

A Dad's Song

I've heard this song several times, but it wasn't until today that the words resonated with me with deeper clarity than before.  Dad's face different issues than mom's and this tune speaks to them honestly and authentically, challenging us to focus our lives on what matters most.  With all that husband's and dad's need to get done, the pressure, distraction and "tyranny of the urgent" can easily spin us.  Additionally, the lure for success and recognition runs deep in most men; for some it comes from a vacancy deep inside that they (falsely) believe achievement will satisfy.  Alot more can be said here, but for now I'll let the song communicate the message.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. My husband was "looking" over my shoulder this evening as I linked over to your blog from your wife's blog. (I delightfully found hers tonight while on Pink Slippers!) This was a special treat from the Lord to have my dear man "open" to receive what you shared with this song. Tonight, he's listened to it several times and even posted it to his Facebook page. I continually stand amazed at the mysterious working of the Lord's hand! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement and reminder through your post and this music. The main thing is to remember to keep the main thing the main thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments here!