February 27, 2010

Saturday 2/27 9am

Ben and I met the other team members at the airport at 5:30am this morning. Under the warm, cozy shower water this morning I realized that this was the cleanest I'd feel until I return next Friday. I already began to feel blessed. Despite the fact that my sweet Rebecca (my hero!) was now on her fourth day of nursing stomach bug patients (after she had had it). I saw Luke laying on the bathroom floor when I woke, the room smelling like a poorly run animal shelter, he'd been losing it on both ends all night. Somehow by God's grace, Ben and I haven't been smitten and if it lasts, this will be the first major miracle of this trip, since everyone else in our family suffered it this week.

We'll make it to the DR this afternoon, purchase relief supplies and then drive to Port Au Prince late tonight. It's nice not having to be in charge. Boy this plane is bumpy...until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments here!